Fc Dark Sun
Atlas - The Cosmology of Dark Sun
- Athas: The Prime Material Plane, Athas is the center of the wider universe. Empty river basins, bridges to nowhere in the midst of sandy wastes, and vast crater-like pockmarks all seem to suggest that Athas was not always as barren as it currently is. Primal spirits and elemental forces rage wild on the surface, but the voice of the gods has long since been silent.
- The Lands Within the Wind: In the distance, a resplendent spired city rises from the desert to claw the sky. On approaching, it fades in the silver light of a mirage. Folk tales tell of a world within our own, close in some locations and far in others- the Lands Within the Wind. The harsh and haughty Eladrin claim it as their homeland, and report that it is collapsing in on itself, a victim of the same Defiling to ravage Athas.
- The Gray: Parents tell children horror stories about hideous shadow monsters from the Gray to get them to behave. Reported to be a dark and shadowy reflection of Athas, the wisest sages and most powerful arcanists insist that the Gray has no end, but bleeds seamlessly into the endless void of the Astral Sea.
- The Astral Sea: The few travelers who have ever made it here, powerful explorers or scavenger-mercenaries in service of a sorcerer-king, report that it is nothing but a howling, barren void, empty of all worth and containing only hideous abominations.
- The Elemental Chaos: The elemental forces are often compared to an raw, unfiltered primal sort of power, and they often rage across the surface of Athas. Merchants caravans that move without care are even rumored to have been sucked straight into the Elemental Chaos, never to return. Creatures of pure element often deal with those from Athas, offering power in exchange for strange favors, esoteric formulae, or ancient artifacts.